1. What is Personal Data?
2.A. What information will Nando’s collect about me?
2.B. How and when do you obtain my consent?
3. What is Nando’s cookies policy?
4. How will Nando’s use my Personal Data?
5. What about Personal Data that is publicly available?
6. Will my Personal Data be used for marketing purposes?
7. What security measures are in place to protect my Personal Data?
8. How will Nando’s store my Personal Data?
9. Will my Personal Data be shared with anyone else?
10. Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & ad-servers
11. Will my Personal Data be transferred out of the province I live in?
12. How can I find out what Personal Data Nando’s holds about me?
13. What if I am under the age of 14?
14. Other collection, use and disclosure of my Personal Data
16. How can I contact Nando’s?
2.A. What Personal Data will Nando’s collect about me? When you visit one of our websites, our web server automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your IP (internet protocol) address, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. As well, if you use any WIFI or Internet service provided at any Nando’s restaurants in Canada we may collect information relating to the use of those services including information about your device, websites and webpages you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of those visits. None of this information identifies you, but we treat it as Personal Data anyway.
We also collect personal identifiable information when you provide it, for example if you make any purchases, engage in any online contests, registrations, competitions, message boards, surveys, polls, games, SMS, MMS and other mobile services. We may also collect other information, including your interests, preferences, purchasing behaviour, transactional information, geographical location and demographics (e.g., age, gender, and income information). We may combine Personal Data we receive with other records (such as those from telephone and direct purchases) to develop a customer profile relating to you.
2.B. How and when do you obtain my consent? Nando’s collects Personal Data about you only when you voluntarily provide it, such as when you provide your email address. Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of your Personal Data at the time of collection. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Data and the reasonable expectations of a person in the circumstances.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of a product or service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. To withdraw consent, please contact us as set out in Section 16 below. We will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent.
We may also use "web beacons" that monitor your use of our sites. Web beacons (or web bugs) are strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the web beacons appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the types of browser that fetched the web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our email. On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal any Personal Data. However, if you choose to provide us with Personal Data, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, if you prefer, you may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Additionally, by setting your web browser to display HTML emails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. However, please note that certain areas of our sites can only be accessed in conjunction with cookies or similar devices and may not function as intended if you have adjusted your browser to reject cookies.
4. How will Nando’s use my Personal Data? We collect information so we are able to: provide services or products you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic means our newsletters, or other products or services in which you express an interest); allow you to participate in interactive, social, and/or recreational activities on the site (e.g. participate in our message boards and discussion forums), to organize or carry out promotional activities, games or promotional events; inform you of changes made to our sites; inform you of products, services, promotions, offers and competitions which you may find interesting; respond to any queries you may have; develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section; develop an online customer profile; and understand general customer trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services, to provide you with a customized experience and to improve our products and services. Where you choose to receive mobile services and content via SMS, MMS and other mobile services, we use this information to deliver such mobile services and content to you, to carry out market research, to track sales data and to plan other promotional activities which may be of interest to you.
6. Will my Personal Data be used for marketing purposes? If we obtain your consent, we also may use your Personal Data for the purposes of:
6.1. Direct marketing of our own products and services and on behalf of other companies within the Nando’s family of companies, including sending advertising to you that will be customized for you promoting certain products and/or services that we think that you would find most interesting based on what we know about you.
6.2. Direct marketing products and services on behalf of selected third parties; and if you have agreed to your details being passed onto 3rd parties.
7. What security measures are in place to protect my Personal Data? Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, please be assured that we have in place reasonable technical and organisational security measures that are designed to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized access, use, disclosure or loss.
9. Will my Personal Data be shared with anyone else?
We use certain third-party service providers that may also collect, use and disclose your personal information for their own business purposes. In particular, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google. Google collects information about how users use our websites. Google Analytics then provides us with information on the visitors to our websites including details about the computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the websites and including other information on users such as browser type, operating system, IP address, referring URLs/system and information on actions taken or interaction with our websites and how our websites are being used as well as information on our visitors, including their demographics and interests. We use this information to understand our visitors and to improve the websites. We cannot associate any of this information with any particular visitor, including demographic information and interests information. We can only access this information on a general statistical basis.
In providing this service to us, Google Analytics may collect information on your activities on our websites and they may then associate that information with other information that they may have collected about you and they may use all of this information for their own business purposes, including the delivery of targeted ads directed at you when you visit other websites on the Internet. See https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information on Google’s privacy practices with respect to websites that use Google services.
12. How can I find out what Personal Data Nando’s holds about me? To see the Personal Data we have collected that relates to you, and/or to correct or update this Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com. In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data. To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access. If you have any additional questions about Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us as set out in Section 16 below.
14. Other collection, use and disclosure of my Personal Data: We may monitor your use of our websites and other services to ensure their proper use and operation and your compliance with any related terms of services and other agreements. As well, the law permits or requires the collection, use and disclosure of personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual in a number of circumstances. We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information in these circumstances without your knowledge or consent as the law may permit or require.