- 1 lb/454 g Ground beef, 85% fat
- 7 oz/ 200 g Red onion, diced
- 6 oz/ 175 g (half) Green bell pepper, diced
- 6 oz/ 175 g Celery, sliced
- 1 Cup (2.5 oz/70 g) Chopped kale
- 5.8 oz/165 g Nando's PERi-PERi sauce, flavour of your choice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: Sliced green onions
- Sour Cream
- Shredded sharp cheddar
1 In a non-stick pan, brown the onion and the mince over a medium high heat. Use a wooden spoon to break the mince apart.
2 When the mince is brown, put it in your slow cooker, will fit in a small 3 qt size. Add all the other ingredients too: pepper, celery, kale, PERi-PERi sauce, tomato paste, basil pesto, paprika and cinnamon.
3 Pour in just enough water to cover to cover the ingredients. Remember that water doesn't evaporate in a slow cooker, so all the liquid you put in will be there at the end - so just put in enough to cover.
4 Cook on the low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on the high setting.
5 Season to taste and serve with the topping of our choice. Dig in!