- 1/4 cup Nando's PERi-PERi sauce, flavour of your choice
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 limes
- 1 w oz cilantro, stalks and leaves chopped seperatly
- 1 cup black beans (low sodium), rinsed and drained
- 6 pieces (4 oz) frozen tostones (plantain slices) e.g. Goya brand
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 w oz ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
1 Cook rice according the the package.
2 Heat through the black beans, Nando's PERi-PERi sauce and stalks of cilantro in a small pot.
3 Fry the tostones in 2 inches of canola oil according to the package instructions and drain, then season with salt.
4 To make the lime crema, stir together the sour cream with the juice and zest of one lime, and season with salt to taste.
5 Finish your bowl by layering the rice, black beans and tostones. Garnish with chopped tomatoes, avocado and red onions, then drizzle with lime crema.