- 10oz/300g (Half) A Cauliflower
- 14oz/400g Chicken breast, cut in 1 inch chunkcs
- 6oz/120g (Half) Kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 6oz/170g Peeled, raw shrimp
- 7oz/200g Grape tomatoes, halved
- 7oz/200g Celery, sliced
- 5.3oz/150g (One) Green bell pepper, diced
- 70ml/2.3oz Nando's PERi-PERi sauce, flavour of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sliced green onions
1 For the cauliflower rice: Remove the leaves and trim the core of half a cauliflower head. Break onto florets and then pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice. Put into a cheesecloth or clean tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Spread out on the tea towel to dry out even more while you cook your jambalaya.
2 In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté your onion, celery and green pepper for 3 minutes over a medium heat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
3 Add the spices, chicken chunks and sausage slice and brown over a medium high heat.
4 Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and PERi-PERi sauce, and just enough water to cover everything. Put the lid on the pot and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
5 Remove lid and stir through cauliflower rice and shrimp. Cook for 4-5 minutes until shrimp are pink.
6 Serve with the green onions on top and more PERi-PERi if desired!