- Roasted cauliflower: 1 Head cauliflower (Approx 500g/18oz) broken into florets
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons cumin seeds
- Chicken curry: 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes (2lbs/0.9kg)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10oz/285g Yellow Onion, diced
- Thumb sized knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped (1oz/28g)
- 1 Large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes (14.5oz/410g)
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 70ml/2.3oz Nando's PERi-PERi sauce, flavor of your choice
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup almond flour
- Fresh coriander, washed and coarsely chopped
1 For the roasted cauliflower: Toss the cauliflower florets in the olive oil, cumin and sprinkle with salt.
2 Place on a baking tray and bake at 220℃ for 30-35 minutes until just browned, tossing after 10 minutes.
3 For the curry: heat up the oil in a large saucepan, for example a Dutch oven, to a medium-high heat. Sauté your chopped onions, garlic and ginger.
4 Add the curry powder and turmeric and lightly toast.
5 Add the chicken cubes and cook til the meat has browned, stirring now and then to prevent the spices from burning.
6 Add the PERi-PERi sauce and the whole can of tomatoes. If this does not cover the chicken, add water until the chicken is just covered. Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
7 Stir through the almond flour and cook for another 5 minutes.
8 Serve with the roasted cauliflower and fresh coriander.