- 8 chicken thighs, diced
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4-6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, roughly diced
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 2 heaped tablespoons of curry powder (any heat you want)
- A thumb of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of Nando's Hot PERi-PERi sauce
- A large handful of coriander, chopped
- Vegetable oil
- Cornflour and water thickening mix (2 tablespoons of flour, half cup water)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Preheat a pan over a medium to high heat using vegetable oil.
2 Fry onions, garlic and grated ginger until golden brown.
3 Add chicken, cook for a few minutes until white.
4 Add curry powder, tomatoes, Nando’s Hot PERi-PERi Sauce, potatoes, chicken stock cubes and the bay leaves, then pour boiled water in until it's just about covered.
5 Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer on a low heat covered for an hour.
6 Take off the heat and add the flour thickener. Give it a good stir through and put back on the heat for 10 mins.
7 Add peas, chopped coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
8 Scoop out a bread roll and pour curry in.